Cannot sell wine make at homeMaking Your Own Wine At Home

If you are wanting to make your own wine then you are in luck, it is perfectly legal and can be done right from your home. You will be allowed by the state of California to produce 100 gallons of wine per adult in your home with a maximum of 200 gallons. You can share the wine that you make with others inside your home but should in no way being selling the wine.

The wine that you make in your home is yours and should remain that way. It will become illegal if you begin to sell the wine that you make out of your home. You will need to either sell the recipe for your wine to a winery and allow them to make and distribute it for you. You may also consider opening your own winery if you are wanting to get into the wine selling business.

Drinking versus Selling Home Wine

It is against the home wine making laws to ever sell wine that you make for yourself.  You are only allowed to make your own wine for your personal consumption or for you to share.  Selling wine that you have made is against the law.

At Your Service
Liquor License Network is California’s leading premier liquor licensing brokerage and consulting firm. We specialize in the sale, purchase, and facilitation of liquor licenses. Liquor License Network’s professional team of experts offers more than 12 years of liquor licensing experience to many satisfied clients. Our network of experts takes the difficult task off of your hands of locating, negotiating, and acquiring or selling a liquor license for you.

Extensive Inventory
Liquor License Network leads the way in applying technology driven applications to the liquor license markets of today. We maintain a complete and extensive database of all recent liquor license sales within the state of California thereby enabling us to negotiate with the ease and viability available to us, ensuring that our clients are getting a fair and honest deal. In addition to the technology at our disposal, we are up-to-date in all the aspects of the processing of local and regional zoning applications and conditional use permits.

Contact us today and let us help you.

Skip to content