In California one of the most popular types of gatherings are street fairs and festivals. As the Holiday’s are upon us companies are hosting Holiday Festivals. Most in which involve tree lightings, christmas caroling, and the famous eggnog. For the organization that is putting on the festival it is important that you are certain your vendors at your festival have a liquor license if they plan on selling or providing any type of alcoholic beverages.

Qualified organizations that receive the proper license or permit from the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) may sell alcoholic beverages at a beverage booth, beer garden or beer/wine garden.

Rather, each organization running a booth or beer/wine garden obtains their own license or permit. All licensing or permitting for alcohol sales is subject to prior approval by the ABC, local law enforcement and the property owner. If your event is a smaller event that doesn’t require booths ABC may issue a special daily license at $15 per day. This is for either beer or wine, or at $30 per day for both, to a group conducting a picnic, social, or similar gathering, or a daily on-sale general license authorizing the sale of distilled spirits, wine and beer for $25 per day to qualified non-profit organizations. (Sections 24045 and 24045.1 and Rules 59 and 59.5)

To make sure you have all of your Liquor License bases covered for your holiday festivities we have provided some documents you will need below.

Catering or Event Authorization Application :

Application for Daily License (Special One-day Event Permit):